Anyone guilty of falling asleep in their makeup after a long night out (*raises hand slowly*)? I hate looking in the mirror after waking up and seeing a tired face full of smeared and crusty makeup, not to mention a high likelihood that I started breaking out because of it. Luckily for me, I recently partnered with Erno Laszlo for their #Powerof2 double cleansing ritual campaign. Erno Laszlo specializes in high quality skincare products, and has been helping people achieve beautiful skin through daily cleansing since 1927. Fun fact: classic beauty icons such as Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy were his clients!
I had the privilege of trying out the entire Erno Laszlo Firmarine Collection – five amazing, innovative skincare products that are the key to getting rid of tired, sagging skin (it’s never too early to start using products that prevent aging!) and achieving beautiful, glowing, smooth skin. I did this ritual consistently every morning (minus the sleep mask) and every night for a week – and I’m telling y’all, the results were unbelievable! My skin felt glowing and smooth; it’s now integrated into my life as a daily routine and I really can’t thank or rave about Erno Laszlo enough. My mom has been asking me for advice on what facial products to use, and I can’t wait to share these with her!
Below are the steps that I took on a daily basis:
- Firmarine Double Cleanse (Firmarine Cleansing Oil + Firmarine Face Bar) – First, remember to shake the oil so that the ingredients are activated. Put a good amount in your palm and massage on dry skin. Next, take the bar and run it under hot water. Massage it all over your face (it starts lathering up and feels silky smooth) and then rinse off. Your face will already feel so refreshed and rejuvenated after. The combo of the two products gets rid of oil (I have super oily skin so this is a lifesaver!) and thoroughly cleans the pores. Watch the full how-to video for the firmarine double cleanse here. There are other double cleanses for different skin concerns: exfoliate & detox, soothe & calm, and hydrate & nourish.
- Hydraphel Skin Supplement Toner – Be sure to use this one immediately after the double cleanse. The toner hydrates and prepares your skin to absorb the moisturizers. It also removes any leftover residue if you have any leftover makeup on, so that’s the nice part. Just get a cotton ball and dab a little bit of toner and wipe all over your face. Not sure if it’s supposed to have a scent, but it smells so good!
- Firmarine Moisturizer SPF 30 – Super simple, just smooth it all over! It comes with a cute little applicator stick if you prefer to use that. The moisturizer doesn’t leave your face feeling sticky or anything, so you can use it in the morning as well and go on with your day as usual. It also has SPF 30 in it so it can act as a sunscreen and protect you from those harmful UV rays 🙂 Just remember to let it dry before putting on your makeup. Is it weird that I’m also obsessed with the pretty light blue color of the moisturizer?
- Firmarine Hydrogel Mask – Okay, so I am a huge lover of face masks! I try different ones all the time and love taking silly snapchats in them to scare my friends (they call me Jason, haha). Anyways…I used this one before bed and it is definitely a favorite. The gel on the mask has ingredients that revive the skin by removing any toxins. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and your face will feel so silky soft and restored after.
- Memory Sleep Mask – Last step before you sleep! The product absorbs into your face overnight so don’t rinse it off. The next morning is seriously unreal when you wake up…after washing it off, your skin will feel SO happily hydrated and you’ll definitely feel well rested!
Check out the Erno Laszlo site and take their skin diagnostic assessment, so you can find the perfect products customized for your type of skin!
“I owe 50% of my beauty to my mother and the other 50% to Erno Laszlo.” – Audrey Hepburn