Valentine’s Day…either the most dreaded day, the most anticipated day, or just another day like any other. Now that I think about it, it’s been years since I’ve actually spent V-Day with a boyfriend. Personally, I don’t really have many thoughts about it besides that I think it’s a cute holiday. Also, I guess I’ve never really dated anyone that has been SUPER romantic (haha oops, apologies to all my ex-bfs I just accidentally indirectly called out 😛 ), so it’s not like I have ever had high expectations on that day. I’d honestly be happy with just a heartfelt card, but I’ve learned sometimes it’s not even easy to get that (LOL, not bitter I promise).
My Valentine’s Day this year will be filled with NYFW shows and events with my blogger galentines. For all my other fellow single ladies (now put your hands up!), I put together a fun list of 10 ways to spend Valentine’s Day if you haven’t found your prince charming yet and you are living it up single in the city 😉
- Binge watch a show – how about catching up on the Bachelor? You can laugh to yourself about how you aren’t in a situation like that – fighting over 1 guy with 25 other girls doesn’t sound too fun! Plus, we can all agree that Nick Viall is the definition of major eye candy.
- Read a book – take a break from social media and get your mind off of everything. I highly recommend Girl on the Train if you like dramatic thrillers! The NYPL is the perfect relaxing place to wrap yourself up in a novel.
- Cook a meal / bake some goodies – find those recipe screenshots or Tasty videos you saved and actually bring them to life! Plus, I’m sure you can create something that’ll be totally insta-worthy.
- Buy a single’s subscription box – via SinglesSwag, a brand that created a subscription service (think ipsy or stitch fix) that is the cutest concept for single ladies! Every month, you’ll receive a box full of fabulous items ranging from bath/beauty products, fashion accessories, foods, books and more- reminding you that you’re an independent lady who doesn’t need a man! 😉
- Plan a galentine’s dinner/party – where all your single ladies at?! Get the gang together, order a heart shaped pizza and some insomnia cookies, play some fun games and have a tinder swiping party! Totally kidding about the tinder part.
- Take a bubble bath – ahh, what better way to celebrate the day than making it a relaxing one? Light those candles and turn up that classical music, girl!
- Go see a movie in theaters – I’ve never been to the movie theaters alone, but it’s totally on my bucket list. P.S…I highly suggest picking a movie that has your celebrity crush in it 😉
- Treat yourself to a mani/pedi – a girl can never have enough pampering. I always feel so pretty after I get my nails done for some reason, and hopefully you do too!
- Shopping spree time – fill that closet up with a new wardrobe…your credit card may hate you after, but just give yourself an excuse for the day!
- Go workout – pump up that iron, get that body in shape and make your ex regret that y’all broke up in the first place! Just kidding, sort of.