Wake up, make up. I’m not a gal that loads on the makeup – I’m into the more natural look for the most part, BUT I will admit I wear makeup pretty much every day. There’s just something about having makeup on that wakes me up and gives me more confidence to start the day out right. Plus, I wouldn’t want to come to work with no makeup on and scare my coworkers or anything 😛 I love the feeling of having a fresh face on and being ready to go!
We all have our daily makeup routines based on our preferences, but it’s great to find a makeup brand that has high quality products that you know you will use often. My recent makeup brand obsession has been Vanity Planet. Vanity Planet is an online beauty marketplace that carries amazing items intended to improve your everyday beauty routine! Their site is SO cute and their branding is so fun – check out their full site here.
My favorite is their palette make-up brush collection. This collection is perfect for busy gals on the go because it comes in a handy little faux leather roll up case. The case actually has a fold over flap so the bristles won’t get damaged over time, woo! It comes with 15 versatile brushes – each brush has a specific purpose to help you achieve the perfect look you’re going for. These premium synthetic bristles are super soft and are actually cruelty free (yay!). The brushes are also super easy to clean and maintain – love them so much! This brush set could be used for professional makeup artists or regular beauty lovers like me. *EXCITING NEWS!* I partnered with Vanity Planet to give y’all a special discount 🙂 70% off this Makeup Brush Palette with code: BBPalette70
Below are the details on what each brush included is used for:
1. Kabuki Brush – to apply mineral powder
2. Powder/Blush Brush – to apply powder foundation and blush
3. Flat Top Stippling Brush – to apply light powder or creamy products
4. Angled Contour Brush – for blending and contouring
5. Liquid Foundation Brush – to apply liquid foundation
6. Large Fan Brush – to apply blush, blending, highlights, and for brushing off excess powder
7. Concealer Brush – for concealing a concentrated area
8. Medium Blender – for blending
9. Smudging Brush – to smudge specific area of a smoky eye
10. Crease Shader – for controlled application of shadow on eye creases
11. Large Domed Shader – to shade powders and moisturizer-based products
12. Precision Concealer – to apply concealer to small, targeted areas
13. Rounded Liner Brush – for applying cream eyeliner products
14. Angled Lining Brush – for precise eyeliner application
15. Lip Liner Brush with cap – to apply lip liner for a smooth contour
I also have their Makeup Essentials contour kit. I get asked about my contouring all the time (because I contour my face like every day, ha!), and this palette works wonders. It’s very similar to the prestige makeup contour palettes, and such a good price. There are 6 shades included – the darker tones should be used to define your cheekbones/nose/jaw and the lighter shades should be used to highlight and brighten. From there, it’s all about the blending (that’s where those perfect brushes from the brush collection comes in 😉 ) If you’re a beginner, the contour kit conveniently comes with full instructions on how to contour based on your face shape (with pics!).