Most of my blog posts are about fashion, but every now and then I love to share with y’all a little bit about myself and/or some insight into my life! I get random messages from my followers all the time, and I’m so thankful for each and every one of you who takes the time out of your day to read my posts – hopefully y’all enjoy this fun one.
10 random facts about me…let’s go!
1. Country music is my favorite music. Are you really surprised? I’m a Texas gal! But literally, every day I listen to country music (it’s on repeat on my Pandora) and it makes me so happy. Whether I’m feeling happy or sad, it’s the perfect music to jam to and makes me feel better. I truly thank God everyday for it 🙂
2. I hate seafood. Yes, all seafood – even SUSHI. Everything about the fishy taste and odd texture completely creeps me out! The only way anyone is ever able to get me to eat seafood is if they trick me 🙁 My ex-bf once told me calamari was fried chicken and I ate it, only to learn the truth after the fact. I was beyond angry, but then again…I guess it was kind of funny I believed it, haha. #gullible
3. I’m Chinese. Peeps are always curious about my ethnicity (if they haven’t taken a look at my last name 😉 ), but I’m pretty much full Chinese. My sister recently took a heritage test and since we pretty much are the same DNA, I’m using her results as my results. Apparently we are like 96% Chinese – almost completely pure, how crazy! I can’t really speak Chinese well (I blame my dad who is fluent and didn’t consistently speak to me in Chinese growing up 😛 ), but I actually can understand a lot of Cantonese.
4. I was born in Florida. I identify as a Texas gal because I lived there almost my whole life and most people don’t know this, but I was actually born in Florida! I lived there for 3 years before moving to Texas. A lot of my extended family lives there, so I go pretty often during holidays 🙂
5. I’m deathly afraid of cockroaches. Supposedly there are a ton in New York, but luckily we’ve only seen one in our apartment this year (knock on wood!). Earlier this year I saw a dead roach on our floor, so I texted my roomie (she’s a brave soul) who was out of town and told her she’s picking that up when she gets back because I refused to touch it! My parents once tried to get me to face my fears and kill one back in high school, but it was a complete fail and I just ended up crying (the irony of #9…).
6. I’ve never been out of North America. This is a very depressing, but true fact. Outside of the US, I’ve only visited Mexico and Canada! It’s hard because I mostly use all my vacation days to visit my family and friends since I live in NYC, so there’s not many opportunities to have a long window of time to travel. But enough with the excuses, I MUST go somewhere this year.
7. I tried out for the Minnesota Timberwolves Dance team. Many people don’t know this one, but yes I tried out during my first year living in Minnesota! I thought it’d be a cool experience, and I wasn’t super serious about it cause I was really rusty at my dance moves at this point – but it was so much fun! I made it past the first round and then got cut. Regardless, I still love to cheer on my fave basketball team! But my lifelong dream (that will never come true lol) is to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!
8. I can do my right and left splits. Back when I was on my dance team in high school, it was basically a requirement to have your right and left splits down. After I graduated HS, I told myself I wanted to stay flexible and be able to do my splits when I’m really old, so I’ve kept up with it and still got ’em down! 😉
9. I rarely ever cry. Perhaps my exes would disagree with this one (LOL), but it’s mostly true! I’m definitely not a super emotional girl – it’s very very rare for me to cry, even for those tearjerker movies. Sometimes I wonder if my heart is empty and I have no feelings (LOL jk, kind of), but I guess I’m just a generally really happy person! 😀
10. I love reading. Nerd alert! I really enjoy a good book – my faves are dramatic thrillers, like Gone Girl. When I start a book, I can’t stop. I don’t read TOO often though, or I literally wouldn’t get anything done besides reading 😛 My roommate got me a three month trial to a club called Book of the Month, where you select a book out of 5 options they give you per month. I highly recommend!
Thanks for reading 🙂 It’s time for some outfit deets…off the shoulder tops are my jam, especially a feminine lace-y one like this! The creme color is so pretty and goes with literally everything. I chose to pair it with a tight bandage skirt and the cutest cateye sunnies + fun floral wedges from Jane. Lastly, this hot pink clutch is the perfect accessory to give off a bright flair. Isn’t it funny how I matched the flowers and cabs in this pic? Love it!