Instead of going up, I’m TANNIN’ UP on a Tuesday! Haha…sometimes I just crack myself up 🙂 Yep, you guessed it – today on the blog I’m talking all about tanning.
When I was younger, my mom never let me hit up the tanning beds. And now, I’m super thankful that she didn’t! Tanning beds can be super dangerous, and I’m happy I didn’t increase my chances of developing skin cancer. The solution to getting tan while AVOIDING harmful UV rays? Spray tanning, of course! When I lived in Texas, I was naturally tan and never needed to hit up a spray tan salon. However, since moving to Minneapolis and then New York – I’m definitely the palest I’ve been! Don’t get me wrong, nothing is wrong with being pale – it’s all about preference, right? And sometimes I actually do prefer looking pale, but right now (especially in the summertime) – I’ve been craving that gorgeous bronze glow. Call me crazy, but there’s something about being tan that makes me feel more attractive and confident!
I was so excited when I was able to recently partner with Brazil Bronze Soho. Brazil Bronze Soho is one of the top spray tan salons in New York! My experience at their salon was fabulous – the workers were super nice and made me feel really comfortable. You get to choose the shade that you prefer, and they let you know about all the after care instructions. It’s a super quick process – and I absolutely loved my tan afterwards! Many people view spray tanning as more of a special event based routine, but I’m totally getting my spray tan on on a regular basis and here’s why. Brazil Bronze Soho has a promotion going on ALL summer long called ‘Tan Tuesdays’ – where you can get 40% off custom spray tans on Mondays or Tuesdays. Use code: TANTUESDAY when booking. Yay!
Here are some helpful spray tan tips for your reference –
- Don’t put on any lotions, perfume, deodorants, or makeup before your appointment
- Make sure your skin is as clean as it can be before getting sprayed – exfoliate!
- Wear dark & loose clothing to your appointment – no white, or it won’t be white any more!
- Try not to touch anything right after your tan
- When you shower, don’t harshly scrub your skin
- Gently pat yourself off with the towel after a shower
- Don’t freak out when you start to look a little orange/really dark a few hours after the tan – this is just the formula activating into your skin. After your first shower, it’ll even out and you will look fabulous!
So get your bronze on babes, and let me know how it goes!