Good news, y’all! I googled what the official last day of summer is, and it’s not until September 22. I know a lot of y’all are pumped for Fall – and I do love that season as well – but I’m such a summer gal, so I’m going to enjoy summer for as long as I can 🙂 I’ve been getting a lot of recent DMs about suggestions of fun things to do in NYC (P.S…it makes me so happy when y’all message me with questions, so keep ’em coming!), so I thought it’d be fun to put together a blog post highlighting my fave hangout spots in NYC during the summertime! You still have time left to enjoy the summer, so get these on your bucket list…
- Smorgasborg – if you know me at all, you know how obsessed I am with this food market! The location is at Williamsburg on Saturdays and Prospect Park on Sundays. If you’re a foodie…this place is totally for you. Get excited for a market filled with 100s of vendors all in one place. I’ve been so many times because I’ve literally taken every single one of my visitors here. I highly recommend (based on my experience 😉 ) the: brunch on a stick, ramen burger, spaghetti donut, ice cream sandwich, mozzarella sticks, corn on the cob, destination dumplings, onion pancake with popcorn chicken.
- Rooftop at Gansevoort Park – Yes I know, there are so many rooftops to chill at in NYC. BUT this rooftop is def one of my faves! It has such an amazing view of the city (mostly the empire state building is right up in your face!) and a pretty rad bar. The pool area is super nice – and it’s pretty poppin’ on weekends.
- Coney Island – Some New Yorkers deem this one super ‘touristy’, but I think it’s SO much fun. Coney Island is a must do in NYC in my opinion. The ferris wheel gives you an amazing view of the whole theme park, and the roller coasters are a blast. Of course you’ll have to grab a Nathan’s hotdog while you’re there too. Plus, there’s a beach right next to the amusement park so you can also soak up the sun.
- Booze Cruise – Okay, this is another one that I take all my visitors on, and seriously it’s always their FAVORITE. I’ve been on it so many times, and I don’t even get sick of it myself! There’s a Groupon that is always under $15 (such a steal), and this cruise ship takes you all around the river. You get to see everything super close up – the city skyline, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty – all while having the time of your life on the water with food, drinks and dancing. This is a hidden gem!
- Boating in Central Park – You’ve seen this in the movies, now go experience it for yourself! For only ~$15, you get to take a little boat out on the water for 2 hours. It may be a little bit of a bicep/tricep workout, but it’s totally worth it. The views are great and it’s all so picture-worthy.
- Black Ice Cream at Morgenstern’s – I instagrammed this a month or so ago, but this flavor is INCREDIBLE. It’s black coconut ash – and I’m not kidding, the best ice cream in the city that I’ve tasted – hands down. If you don’t like the taste of coconut, they have a ton of other amazing, unique flavors. The line is always long, but trust me… you won’t regret it.
- Mini Golf at Pier 25– I went on a date with my bf here, and we had so much fun! Just imagine a great game of mini golf (go at night!!), with the BEST VIEWS EVER. The mini golf area is along the river, so everything is super scenic. There’s also a cute little volleyball area right nearby if you’re interested in watching/playing a game.
- Long Island City/Gantry Plaza Park – I went here for the first time this summer, and I was SO impressed. You can take a little ferry (that leaves from E 34th street) directly to LIC, and explore the park! During the day, people are flying kites, laying out/tanning, doing yoga there…you name it. It doesn’t hurt that the city skyline is right in front of you, or that the famous Pepsi-Cola sign is only a few steps away 🙂
- Boat Basin – A super cute little hangout spot on the west side of the city, on Hudson River. It’s a casual, quaint outdoor restaurant that I discovered – with AMAZING pina coladas and some delectable food 🙂 Go at sunset time so you can get some breathtaking views overlooking New Jersey.
- Free Kayaking – that’s right, all you budget fashionistas out there. FREE KAYAKING at Pier 26 y’all. Get the full details here.
Of course, there’s still time left to rock those amazing summer outfits before you pack them all away! Today on the blog I’m featuring the perfect summer look (flirty, floral, and flowing 🙂 ) brought to you by NewChic. This online boutique is fabulous – such great quality, stylish clothes at UNREAL prices. Not only does NewChic carry the cutest clothes that are totally on-trend, but you’ll have a blast browsing their trendy bags, shoes, beauty products, jewelry, accessories + more.
Y’all know how much I love off-the-shoulder tops. This one from NewChic is one of my absolute faves! The floral design is so bright and cheerful, and the material is super comfy. The quality is excellent, and you don’t have to keep pulling it down to make sure that it stays off the shoulder 😉 I paired this top with some white shorts and the trendiest clear/nude block heels (that are also from NewChic). I’ve gotten so many compliments on these babies, I’m super obsessed! They can truly go with anything.
How are y’all spending the rest of your summer?!