Happy Friday, y’all! Who’s celebrating Halloween weekend this weekend and what is everyone dressing up as?! I’m going to be Wonder Woman this year, and apparently this year is the Year of the Wonder Woman! It was actually the most searched costume this month. My BF is going to match me as Superman, so hopefully we’ll look super cute! Speaking of ‘super cute’, today on the blog I wanted to share with y’all the cutest online boutique that carries the perf Fall tees for the season + some liketoknow.it tips (both from the user AND blogger side!)
Harper & Jewels is a darling online boutique that specializes in monogrammed accessories, blingin’ jewelry, and t-shirts with the sassy-est (is this a word?!) sayings! I got this gray tee from Harper & Jewels that I’ve been wearing so much already this month. You may or may not call me basic for wearing it 😉 , but this tee makes basic look pretty good! I love that you can dress it up or down – for a more casual look, I paired it with a flowy Fall cape + some white pants and heeled booties. I feel like this is the perf outfit for going to a pumpkin patch or apple orchard #FallAF 🙂 Check out more of their adorbs tees here!
Next up, let’s talk liketoknow.it! Since the background in all these photos is featuring the liketoknow.it #StartedWithAScreenshot wall – I thought this would be something fun to add to this blog post. I’ve been a part of the liketoknow.it fam as a blogger for almost a year now, so I thought I’d share some insights/tips! Breaking this out by who you are/how you use liketoknow.it:
If you LOVE the convenience of fast, accessible shopping / easily finding out where someone’s outfit is from via IG, you NEED to sign up! After you register, you can ‘like’ any bloggers’ photos that are linked to liketoknow.it, and you will receive an email within a few minutes that links to every item that the blogger is wearing in the photo. You can also screenshot any liketoknow.it enabled photo after you download the liketoknow.it app and easily get full details there! If someone doesn’t have the exact item they are wearing in the photo, unfortunately it’s likely because the brand doesn’t have a relationship with Rewardstyle – in that case, it would be a good idea to head to their blog to get the direct link there. PS- Be sure to follow me (‘thelivstyle’) if you have the app or check out my direct URL here 🙂
Bloggers looking to be a part of the LiketoKnow.it Fam
Firstly, you have to be approved by Rewardstyle to start using liketoknow.it links on your IG/blog! It’s difficult to say how the team decides which bloggers get accepted. Some bloggers have to apply multiple times before getting accepted (Rewardstyle does receive SO many applications), but don’t give up hope – it’s worth it! I was lucky enough to get accepted the first time I applied, so hopefully these tips can help y’all before you apply:
- The quality of your photos. I think it really helps when most of your photos are from a professional camera! This really does make all the difference. I definitely post some photos from my iPhone, but I keep this to a minimum. Also…editing! It obviously all depends on your theme, but make sure everything looks aesthetically pleasing 🙂 I edit my photos via lightroom and also instagram’s editing features.
- Consistency of posting. It truly matters how consistent you are with posting on both your social media channels + blog. You don’t have to post multiple times in a day, but it would be a good idea to post on your blog 2-3 times a week and at least 5-6 times a week on social media. Some people think only instagram matters, but blog consistency is for sure important. If you are too busy to keep up with this frequency, that’s totally okay… but I would probably wait to apply!
- Blog/IG layout. The professional look and feel of both your blog and IG is important. This one is pretty simple – focus on keeping everything clean and just nice to look at. Try to keep a consistent theme and avoid any clutter.
- # of Followers/Engagement – Rewardstyle definitely doesn’t have a cutoff on how many followers you have to have. When I got accepted, I think I had only ~2K or so followers on IG. I’ve seen bloggers that are a part of the LiketoKnow.it fam that have a few thousands followers, all the way up to almost a million followers. You truly don’t have to have tens or hundred thousand followers….what’s more important is level of engagement – # of likes & comments (relative to your # of followers), as well as replies back to your followers.
- Referral – Other bloggers that are a part of LiketoKnow.it can refer you, and I think this definitely helps! Feel free to reach out to me for a referral 🙂
Bloggers who are already a part of the LiketoKnow.it Fam
Yay for being a part of the fam! The main rule here is: the more you link your blog posts/IG posts with liketoknow.it, the more the sales come in! It definitely takes some time, but what I try to do is just have it be a part of my posting routine. Using liketoknow.it hashtags are super helpful too: #liketkit, #ltkunder50, #ltksalealert, #startedwithascreenshot, etc. It’s also a good idea to follow liketoknow.it‘s instagram if you aren’t already – so fun to see what’s trending!
Hope all that helps! XO
A huge thanks to Harper & Jewels for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.