November…oh what a time to be thankful! Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and although plenty of us emphasize that this holiday is all about stuffing our faces with delish food – it’s so much more than that. I love that this holiday is a reminder for us to take the time and think about what we have in our lives and everything that we should really be thankful for – people or things that we may sometimes forget or take for granted. I know that I definitely am guilty of being overdramatic about things that go wrong in my life sometimes, but at the end of the day, the worries or stresses we have may be so minimal compared to others’. I always try to remind myself that I should be so appreciate for what I do have rather than what I don’t. I haven’t gotten personal on the blog in quite some time, so I thought this post would be perfect to share with y’all 10 things that I AM thankful for 🙂
- Life – so general and seems so obvious, but I definitely think some of us forget about this one. I’ve been so deeply saddened with all the recent negative news these past few months – shootings, deaths, injuries, natural disasters. It’s so important to be thankful for EVERY day you have, and spend it like it’s your last.
- Family – I haven’t seen my family since MAY, and it has been way. too. long. I miss them so much and can’t wait for all the quality time I will have with them for the holidays. They mean everything to me and although I know I’m very lucky to live in the best city in the U.S. – it gets really difficult for me when I think about being so far away from them. Regardless, I cherish each and every phone call, facetime, text, and in person encounter with them. They’ve made me who I am today and I’m so thankful for that.
- Friendships – I feel incredibly lucky to have friends all over the U.S.! Taking the time to catch up with my friends who don’t live in the same city as me is definitely important to me. At my age, I know which one of my friends are lifers and I’m so thankful to have each and every one of them in my life. I’m also so blessed to have a great group of friends in NYC – they truly make this place my home away from home.
- Love – I really don’t like getting sappy like this and I feel so lame to be typing this stuff – but I can say that I’m truly happy with this part of my life. I’ve been in some rough patches before in this category, so it’s refreshing to feel so fulfilled. I feel very blessed every day that my sweet bf is in my life and makes me a better person 🙂
- Health – So important! I’m young (relatively 😉 ) and active – I try to keep focused on leaving a healthy, balanced lifestyle 🙂 If you know me, you know I’m a sucker for sweets and not so much a lover of vegetables. BUT I’ve come a long way with my diet and I’m working on improving it for the better. Regardless, I’m thankful for my current health levels.
- Career – It’s basically a known fact that it’s always been my dream to work in NYC. I can’t believe that for the past 2.5 years I’ve been living out my dream – working in the fast paced, challenging industry that is beauty. I’ve been so lucky with my past experiences working in Fashion as well. I know so many girls aspire to be in these types of industries, so I definitely feel thankful that I have been given these opportunities. I strive to continue learning and developing more with my career everyday.
- Memories – I will always cherish and be thankful for all the memories I have. People wonder why I love photos so much, and it’s because I enjoy looking back on fun times in my life. I’m thankful for the people in my past that ever brought me happiness, and regardless of what is happening in the present – I’ll always care about the times I’ve spent with them.
- Learning from Mistakes – Live and learn! I live by this philosophy in all my life experiences, and I’m thankful that I have the mindset of trying to take any previous mistakes I’ve made (in various aspects of my life) and taking the time to seriously learn from them. I believe this, my friends, is one of the keys to achieving happiness 😛
- New Experiences – I get soooo happy whenever I get to do new experiences. Whether it’s going to a city I’ve never been to, trying a new class, eating at a new restaurant – you name it, I feel thankful and lucky to get to experience it! I’m excited for the future and even more new experiences that are ahead 🙂
- Blogging/Fashion – Super obvious one 😉 I’m ALWAYS thankful for fashion! It’s one of the biggest parts of my life, and I love being able to express myself through fashion like a true fashionista. Shopping puts the biggest smile on my face – but as much as I love shopping, I always put myself back in check and remind myself to not just focus on materialistic things. In addition, I feel really blessed to be a blogger! My blog and having the ability to influence others means so much to me…I’m forever thankful for my sweet FOLLOWERS!
A huge thanks to Zaful for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.