I don’t know about y’all, but I feel like there’s something about the holidays that brings out so many feelings of love and romance. However, with all the holiday shopping, running errands, and busy schedules of us all – sometimes it can be a difficult time to plan a fun date with your significant other. But I mean, it is the most wonderful time of the year…so why not grab that special someone and take advantage of the season with these holiday date ideas? The best part is that these date ideas cost little to no money (which I’m sure we can all agree, is a super nice break for your wallet around this time) – remember, the holidays should really be about quality time together!
- Bake holiday goodies. Overcome those stereotypes and get both of y’all baking Christmas cookies or cupcakes in the kitchen! There’s so many amazing holiday recipes out there.
- Pick out a tree. I love walking through Christmas Tree farms – the smell of it all makes everything feel so festive! Pick out a perfect one that y’all could decorate together 🙂 Or, if you stick with a reusable Christmas tree, you could always just take a stroll for fun.
- Craft. This is the best time to do some fun crafting together that y’all probably rarely ever make time to do! Get ready for those holiday parties by decorating an ugly christmas sweater, or get your creativity on by decorating your own stockings to hang up.
- Decorate the apartment. Hang up some gorgeous Christmas lights, put up some festive Santa decor, wrap presents together, light that vanilla bean candle – mmmm!
- Have a Christmas movie marathon. Take Netflix & Chill to a whole other level by binge-rewatching all those old traditional family Christmas movies.
- Drink hot chocolate & play Christmas music. Set up camp near your fireplace (if ya have one) and enjoy some hot chocolate/Christmas music together…what could be more cozy and romantic than a night in like that!
- Do something outdoorsy. Winter is here y’all, so that means enjoying the cold doing outdoor activities: build snowman, have a snowball fight, ice skate!
- Walk/drive around and see all the Christmas lights. I remember doing this back in high school with a boy (don’t even remember who) and just thinking it was so romantic, haha.
- Volunteer. There are so so many people and charities in need during this time – so look up volunteer opportunities around you and give back to the community together! It’s heartwarming and will feel so great to help the less fortunate during this giving season. I personally love to donate toys during Christmas – lighting up a kid’s face is the best 🙂
- Go Christmas shopping. You got to get this done, so why not get it done together?! Getting a second opinion is always helpful. Or, just window shop together!
With date night in mind, OF COURSE your outfit has to be on point no matter what y’all are doing 😉 You can bet I’ll be wearing this outfit to a holiday date night – I’m all about the red holiday plaid during this season, and I love the OTS look! I snagged some of these velvet leggings from Aeropostale…they are legit perfect for Christmas-time! I paired this look with adorbs black booties and a fun clutch from Charming Charlie (they have the cutest holidayesque pieces right now!), and topped the outfit off with a chic simple black choker from H&M.
Top: Charming Charlie (in stores) | Tights: Aeropostale | Sunnies: Charming Charlie | Booties: Charlotte Russe (similar) | Choker: H&M | Bag: Charming Charlie (in stores) or Net-A-Porter (similar) |Photos by Midnight.Express