Hi loves! How is it that we only have like a week left of 2017?! I feel like time is flying by faster and faster than we think. 2017 has truly been a year none of us will probably forget – I feel like all of us can agree that the world has been through so much this year. For myself, I really can’t complain about 2017. Like all years – there were definitely ups & downs, but overall I think it has been one of the most stable, happiest years yet for me.
2017: For the first time, I DIDN’T move apartments, thank god! (I literally have moved into a diff apt every. single. year. since my freshman year of college, LOL). I still live in NYC…going on almost my third year of living in this perfect city of my dreams 🙂 No changes for my job – still working full-time in the beauty industry! Really happy with who I’m surrounded by: my sweet BF (who I was lucky enough to meet in 2017), wonderful besties (both near AND far), and amazing fambam (I got to see them a ton this year in 2017, yay!). Some takeaways that I’ve had from this year:
- Take chances. Keep an open mind about things. Be vulnerable.
- Things may not be as bad as they seem. Look for the good in everything.
- Don’t rush things. Good things take time and patience.
- Be yourself. Those who love you for you will stick around.
- Appreciate what you have and who you have in your life.
- Enjoy precious memories. Live in the moment.
- Don’t get stuck in the past. Look towards the future.
- Everything happens for a reason. Have faith in what’s meant to be.
2018: I just love the beginning of a new year – it just feels like a fresh start to everything. And I have a feeling this will be the best year yet! I know I have a ton to work on in my life…but step by step, goal by goal…is how I plan to get there. A lot of us set our 2018 resolutions and then just forget about them over time. No matter what your goals may be, here are some tips to stick to your 2018 resolutions:
- Set realistic goals. Be honest with yourself.
- Don’t make a long list of goals – narrow it down to 3-5 detailed ones.
- Keep track of your progress. Hold yourself accountable.
- Reward yourself for successes and be patient with yourself for any setbacks.
Lastly, I just wanted to say how grateful and thankful for each and every one of my followers that has ever came across my blog or social channels, as well as all the brands that I have worked with. It’s been 1.5 years of living the blogger life & none of this would be possible without the support of you all. I love blogging, and I genuinely appreciate getting to share my love for fashion/style/beauty with y’all. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for next year…Cheers to 2018!
Outfit deets for this New Year’s Eve ready look are below!