With NYFW just around the corner (who else is pumped?!), I thought it’d be the perfect time to share some thoughts on dressing with confidence. Sounds simple, but maybe not so much. We’re all human, we all have our insecurities – and sometimes it can be hard to find / put together the perfect looks, let alone feel 100% confidence in wearing them. NYFW is the perfect time to show off your amazing, unique style with other fashionistas & style lovers around you! So for those of y’all going, or for just anyone who wears clothes 😛 , see below for some tips & tricks on styling with confidence –
- Think about what look you’re going for. You should have an idea of how you want to dress, what impression you want to make on others, and where you’re going with your look. Are you looking to standing out, or would you rather fit in?
- Fit is key. How something fits on you is one of the most important attributes. No matter what size or body type you are, learn what sizes look best on you. A ton of retailers have a fit guide that really helps make choices. Every body is unique, and there are certain types of clothing that are flattering for every figure 🙂
- Choose colors that you resonate well with. Colors should always be worn with some kind of purpose! If you have no idea what the answer to this question is for your personal style, don’t worry! Your confidence in color is sure to grow over time as your wardrobe evolves! As a general thought – basics and core colors are a must, and pops of colors are great to accentuate.
- Find a style icon, but stay true to yourself. I think of myself as a fashionista, but I can say that I absolutely love following along a ton of other gals with amazing styles that I truly admire. While it’s amazing to have style icons, it’s always important never to try to copy someone’s exact style and definitely never play the comparison game. You have your own unique, individual style, and that’s the best kind of style!
- Refresh that wardrobe. Get rid of anything in your closet that doesn’t make you feel good. Donate or throw out those clothes that don’t fit well or make you feel insecure, and use that extra closet space for pieces that rock!
- Look good, feel good! This is the golden rule. Fashion is an everyday choice that can be empowering for everyone. Remember to dress for yourself and what makes you feel happy!
This fashion-forward, long sleeved romper from Shein is a perfect example to show y’all a piece that truly makes me feel confident! The floral, feminine pattern is so gorgeous, and the little ruffles create the prettiest details. The raised collared neck and open back also give off that unique, fun styled look. P.S. it’s under $25 – such a steal. This romper is so great for a fancy night or chic daytime event!
Oh, I also tend to feel great when I rock a ponytail like this one 🙂